Judge Richard Gergel speaking at the Amicus Curiae lecture.
Courage Valued at Amicus Curiae
Sarah Davis, News Editor • February 23, 2024
The Herd has dropped three consecutive games.
Chanticleers Curb the Herd
Ben Cower, Student Reporter • February 23, 2024
Dean Stites talks with students.
COS Students Get to Know New Dean
Scott Price, Chief Copy Editor • February 25, 2024

Japanese Ambassador to Visit Campus

Mikio Mori
Courtesy of Consulate General of Japan in New York
Mikio Mori

A discussion with the ambassador of the Consulate General of Japan in New York will feature commentary on his nation and the United States on Thursday, Nov. 30.

The event, entitled “The Role of Japan-U.S. Alliance in the Indo-Pacific,” will feature Ambassador Mikio Mori at the Drinko Library Atrium at 2 p.m.

Mori will speak about various political and social issues in the Japanese political system, according to Dr. Natsuki Fukunaga Anderson, the director of Marshall’s Japanese program.

He will also discuss events that affect or have affected both Japan and the United States.

“We actually have a lot of things going on with Japan and [the] U.S.,” Anderson said. “We had the Tokyo Olympics recently, so what’s going on after that?”

The event serves as an information session for students and faculty, especially those involved in the Japanese program. 

Marshall is the only university in West Virginia that offers a Japanese program, according to Anderson. 

“That’s huge because we have a lot of students coming just for that because it’s rare,” she said.

The event is sponsored by the Office of Academic Affairs and the Department of Modern Languages.