Sig Tau takes pies to the face for a cause

Zach Wright, Reporter

Sigma Tau Gamma members had pies smashed in their face Tuesday for Pie a Tau, an event designed to raise money for the Special Olympics.

Senior Shane Bias, president of Sigma Tau Gamma, said the fraternity will continue to support the Special Olympics with events throughout the year.

“We plan on doing many events this semester to raise money for our philanthropy,” Bias said. “Pie a Tau was a successful event today, and we hope to continue that trend with future events.”

Bias said the event made $100 for the Special Olympics, and hopes for continued success with their philanthropy-focused events.

“We hope the future events will be as successful as this one, and the last one, which made over $300,” Bias said.

Several members of Sigma Tau Gamma took part in pie-related activity at the event.

Freshman Timmy Jones, anthropology major and new member of Sigma Tau Gamma, said he enjoyed the event.

“I had fun getting a pie in the face today,” Jones said. “It was for a good cause, and it was fun sitting there.”

Another freshman member of Sigma Tau Gamma, Ryder Collins, was active in the pie smashing activity as well.

Collins, an exercise science major, said the event was one of many the fraternity will do to support the Special Olympics.

“We’re going to do Bucket of Cash on Nov. 15 at the football game,” Collins said. “This will be another event for our philanthropy, the Special Olympics.”

Zach Wright can be contacted at wright283@ marshall.edu.