CAB returns with another season of Screen on the Green

Students came together on Harless Field for a night of popcorn, laughs and relaxation on campus Wednesday.

Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board and the Office of Student Activities at Marshall University, Screen on the Green is a free event to all students and the general public. Every fall semester, CAB, with the help of the Office of Student Activities, plays movies on Harless field. These movies happen every few weeks. Students are encouraged by CAB to bring blankets, pillows or camping chairs.

Marcus Williams, a general member of CAB, said at the Screen on the Green event everyone is welcome.

It’s a very hands-on process when CAB chooses which movies to show, Williams said. He said he thinks through that process CAB is able to represent many different types of people.

“We want to pick movies that people would actually like,” Williams said.

Seeing the students getting cozy and watching a movie together creates a feeling of family that is unique to Marshall, Williams said.

This event has been going on for several years.

“This event has always been a big hit because people love to one: sit and watch a cool movie for free, and two: do it with a bunch of their friends and meet new people,” Williams said.

This year the movies CAB will be showing are “Tag” Aug. 29, “Ready Player One” Sept. 12, “Blockers” Sept. 18, “Coco” Oct. 17, and “Halloween” Oct. 31.

Sydney Ankron, a general member of CAB and a participant of the event, said the screening of “Halloween” on Halloween is a great way to get students minds off of school work and missing home and allows them to relax in a welcoming environment.

Screen on the Green starts at 8 p.m. on screening days and ends at 11 p.m.

LeAnna Owens can be contacted at [email protected].