InsideOut free concert Monday

InsideOut will host a free concert 8 p.m. Monday in the Campus Christian Center.

The event, entitled “Purpose,” will feature music from the ministry’s worship team.

Seating in the CCC chapel is limited, so members of the ministry will be giving out wristbands as tickets into the door. These bracelets can be picked up in the InsideOut office in the CCC, or in various areas around campus beginning Friday.

Doors open at 7 p.m. At that time, students can enjoy a Starbucks-style coffee bar while waiting for the show to start. Food will also be available after the event.

Senior Zack Sturgill, who has been delivering the message each week at InsideOut this semester, said InsideOut members have worked hard to put this event together because it’s something they feel passionate about.

“You know, the Bible says that faith without works is dead,” Sturgill said. “So we’re going to be talking about, how once you start working your faith, you’re going to see your faith work. We’re calling it ‘Purpose’ because the whole purpose of us being here as Christians is to know God and make him known to other people.”

Sturgill said this event is a good indicator of how far the ministry has come since beginning in January.

“We’ve seen so much growth this semester and it’s been awesome,” Sturgill said. “You start off with like 10 to 15 people, and last week we had a little over 120. That’s just amazing, because that’s how many people we’re reaching and we’re going to continue to reach. Our goal is not to recycle Christians. Our goal is to go out and reach people that have never heard the gospel before.”

Nancy Peyton can be contacted at [email protected].