Judge Richard Gergel
Amicus Curiae Returning to Campus
Sarah Davis, News Editor • February 21, 2024
Women’s Basketball Dethrones the Monarchs
Wade Sullivan, Student Reporter • February 22, 2024
Lunches will be provided through the beginning of April.
Local Churches Provide Students Lunch for a Dollar
Ella Bumgardner, Staff Reporter • February 22, 2024

Supreme Court of Appeals to Visit Marshall for Court on Campus

Courtesy of The Herald Dispatch
The Fourth Circuit US Court of Appeals in session at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center in November 2022

An oral arguments session will be heard by the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center today as a part of Marshall’s Constitution Celebration.

Students can attend for free; however, prior registration is requested, security measures will be in place and proper courtroom etiquette is expected to be followed.

“One important part of a college education involves preparing students to exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship,” said Dr. Montserrat Miller, executive director of the Drinko Academy. 

“During our annual U.S. Constitution Celebration, we offer non-partisan programs designed to build student appreciation for the culture of democratic self-government.”

The event is a part of the annual Constitution Celebration, sponsored by John Deaver Drinko Academy and the Simon Perry Center for Constitutional Democracy, and hosts multiple other events for the celebration, including an Amicus Curiae Lecture on Sept. 12, events for National Voter Registration Day on Sept. 19 and a First Amendment Forum on Sept. 27.