Puppies give students a break from end of the semester stress

The Marshall Universities Campus Activities Board brought puppies to campus as part of its Stress Relief Week.

Deborah Bennettan, Little Victories Animal Rescue Shelter volunteer, said the shelter loves to get the dogs away from the farm to interact with people. 

“I volunteer because I love to see dogs get adopted,” Bennett said. “Usually by doing events like this we can get our dogs adopted. People get to know more about us, our farm and the animals we have.”

Little Victories is the only no-kill shelter in the Tri-State area and Bennett said her main goal is to get the word out about the shelter.

“We’re a nonprofit, so everything we make goes right back into helping these animals,” Bennett said. “We have the only shelter that is no-kill in the area and we take care of the dogs until we find them a home. We have dogs who have been with us for eight years, so we become their home.”

Marshall University student and CAB member Josh Jobes said having puppies on campus can make anyone’s day better.

“We didn’t let the rain stop us from giving these sweet dogs some attention,” Jobes said. “Even though it was raining, we stayed positive and tried to give students a good stress reliever during dead week.”

“I know you guys are getting ready for finals, so having dogs on campus I can image is a huge break for students,” Bennett said.

“We encourage students to come out to our farm and volunteer to help take care of these animals or even adopt from us,” Bennett said. “It’s a great place.”

Baily Turner can be contacted at [email protected].