International Film Festival returns to Keith Albee

The Spring International Film Festival launches Friday at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center with screenings booked throughout the upcoming week.

Friday’s lineup includes two showtimes; the Korean cop drama “A Hard Day” at 5:30 p.m. and French comedy “On the Other Side of the Tracks” at 7:30 p.m.

“It’s really cool because when you start watching the films that we do at the film festival you kind of find that they’re not that foreign at all,” said Marshall Artists Series marketing director Angela Jones.

The lineup on Saturday and Sunday gives students at least one chance to view any of the films available aside from “A Hard Day.”

A film that airs on the lighter side of a serious matter is the Israeli drama comedy “The Farewell Party,” about an elderly who becomes bombarded by “suicide requests” after inventing a euthanasia machine.

All of the films being screened at the Keith Albee will have English subtitles for those not accustomed to a particular language.

While many professors incorporate these opportunities into their classroom curriculum, Jones said the festival is a perfect opportunity for weekend dates and the cultural enthusiast.

Six different films are chosen by the Marshall Artists Series every semester to give students a unique cultural experience.

Ryan Fischer can be contacted at [email protected].