Marshall track completes indoor season

THE PARTHENON

The Marshall University track and field team finished 13th in the Conference USA Indoor Track and Field Championships Thursday in Birmingham, Alabama.

The Herd finished in last place while the University of Texas at El Paso won the women’s championships.

Senior Asia Bange earned five points for Marshall when she placed fourth in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.46.

Freshman Elena Marchand earned three points for the Herd by placing sixth in shot put, going 13.90m.

In other events, the team of freshman Elisabeth Paulina, sophomore Breanna Hargrove, sophomore Naja Greer and senior Shanice Johnson placed ninth in the 4×400-meter relay with a time of 3:49.42

The team of sophomore Madeline Armstrong, freshman Makaylah Downour, sophomore Barkley Castro and junior Andrea Porter earned 10th place in the distance medley relay, running a time of 12:17.55. Armstrong also earned 22nd in the 1-mile run, with a time of 5:09.97.

Junior Antonique Butler finished 11th in the triple jump, posting a distance of 11.93 meters, and freshman Allie Perry finished 12th in the pole vault, reaching a height of 3.21 meters.

Senior Alexandria Phares placed 14th in the 5000-meter run (18:02.00) and 20th in the 3000-meter run (10:15.72).

Senior Karena Fulks placed 26th in the long jump with a distance of 5.13 meters.

“Congrats to Asia and Elena for making the finals in their events,” Marshall head coach Jeff Small said in a news release. “We are going to have to work very hard over the next couple months to improve our performances for the outdoor season.”