Intercultural Affairs Outstanding Intercultural High School Students weekend

More stories from Michael Brown

Marshall University’s Office of Intercultural Affairs will host its annual Outstanding Intercultural High School Students weekend Friday and Saturday, for minority high school students who are going above and beyond academically.

“This weekend is designed to show minority high school students in West Virginia, who are about to decide where to continue their higher education, what Marshall University has to offer,” said Darius Booker, junior health care management and public relations major. “We want students to come and have a great time. And when it comes to deciding where they would like to go, we want them to be able to say Marshall has a lot to offer.”

During the weekend, students and parents will be given the opportunity to meet with the dean of the college of their interest. Visitors will be given campus tours, as well as time for games and a question-and-answer session with current Marshall students. Before leaving from the weekend, students and parents will attend a breakfast banquet.

Chastity Hardy, junior elementary education major, attended the weekend when she was in high school.

“The students and faculty were so friendly and helpful when I came here for what used to be known as OutStanding Black High School students,” Hardy said. “They went above and beyond to ensure that my weekend here was not only informative but fun. Marshall goes above and beyond for its students. You’re not just another face on campus, here at Marshall, we’re a family.”

Michael Brown can be contacted at [email protected].