“Mamma Mia” performance at Keith Albee for Marshall Artists Series

The Broadway show “Mamma Mia” comes to the Marshall Artists Series Wednesday.

“Mamma Mia” is about a relationship between a mother and her daughter who struggles to find her biological father all while preparing to get married.

“It’s a family musical and it’s going to be a lot of fun,” said Angela Jones, director of marketing and external affairs for the Marshall Artists Series.

The musical includes songs from the group ABBA. The performance Wednesday marks the first time the show will ever be held at the Keith Albee Theater.

“Students have been very excited about ‘Mamma Mia’ and I think it’s going to be a really great night,” said Jones.

Jones said although many students have heard of the show before, they might not have gotten to see it. Jones said many students have already picked up tickets to see the show.

Laura Michelle Hughes, an actress in the musical, said “Mamma Mia” is the most fun production she has ever seen or been a part of.

“My favorite part is the incredible spandex jumpsuits and how you really feel like a rock star,” said Hughes.

Hughes is originally from Maryland and visited West Virginia when she performed in the musical “The Sound of Music.” Hughes said she loves coming to visit West Virginia because it feels close to home.

“I love West Virginia in general. I love the people, the countryside and all of the beautiful scenery,” said Hughes.

Student tickets are still available and can be purchased at the box office located at the Joan C. Edwards Playhouse on Fifth Avenue, or at the door.

Kalyn Bordman can be contacted at [email protected].