Marshall University Student Ambassadors focus on recruiting new members

Marshall University Student Ambassadors have their focus set on recruiting new members.

The student organization works with volunteering around the community and is looking to expand their members to help make a difference around Huntington.

“Our plans for MUSA are to be able to give back to the community as much as it has given to us,” Kayla Adkins, MUSA Recruitment Executive said. “As a community service based organization, that is our main focus. As students of Marshall University, we are very proud of our campus and our community and we want to do everything that we can to help out those in need and create more positives than negatives in Huntington. We also plan on having tons of fun while making these changes!”

“Our plans for MUSA are to be able to give back to the community as much as it has given to us.”

— Kayla Adkins

The organization has had booths set up at RecFest and in other areas and events on campus.

“Student Ambassadors are those of us who want to see our community around Marshall University, as well as the city of Huntington, succeed,” Adkins said. “We want to give back to the community that has provided us with a home away from home during our time in college, as well as help those around us who are in need. Student Ambassadors also volunteer and work to ensure that all of the events planned by the Marshall University Alumni Association are the best that they can be, since they are so graciously the founders of our great organization.”

Future events have not been scheduled, due to the focus on new members, but some of their usual events are already set in place and are planned for action throughout the year.

“Some community service events that we take part in generally every year are volunteering at the animal shelter and volunteering to help carve pumpkins for Kenova’s Pumpkin House,” Akins said. “We do many other activities as well, such as; making coloring books for the children’s wing of the Cabell-Huntington Hospital, making blankets for those in need and volunteering to help out with many Marshall University Alumni events, such as Thank-A-Donor Day which is coming up soon, since they are the foundation of our organization. We also take part in many social events as a group. In the past, we have had dinners, game nights, bowling trips, trips out to restaurants, gone to see plays and went to the corn maze in Milton. I’m sure that this year’s social events as a group will be just as fun as soon as we can really get the ball rolling for MUSA!”

Meetings for MUSA are held on Mondays at 9 p.m. in the Harless Media Room and recruitment executive, Kayla Adkins, can be contacted at [email protected].

Desmond Groves can be contacted at [email protected]