JOB-A-PALOOZA BRINGS OPPORTUNITY TO STUDENTS

Career fair helps students make connections, find employment

Marshall University students will have an opportunity to network with employers 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Job-A-Palooza in the Memorial Student Center.

Thirty companies will set up tables at the event for students to network and apply for part-time and internship positions.

Companies such as AFLAC, CDI Corporation, Enterprise and WCHS/FOX11 will accept resumes and applications.

Job-A-Palooza is considered a casual event with a relaxed environment by organizers.

Signups are not necessary, and students may come and go as they please. Attendees are encouraged to bring resumes and collect business cards for future contacts.

Marshall Career Services Director Denise Hogsett said the event is more for students seeking part-time work, but some internship positions may become full-time positions later on.

The Marshall Career Expo occurring April 8 is for students seeking full-time work.

Marshall Career Services actively seeks relationships with employers in the area to create internship opportunities for students. Career Services staff also builds relationships with employers by providing an opportunity for employers to post job listings at no cost through Marshall JobTrax.

Hogsett said attending an event like Job-A-Palooza is important because it helps future employment.

“The job market is so difficult right now,” Hogsett said. “Attending an event like this is a plus.”

Marshall Career Services Program Manager Jennifer Brown said the event is a good way for students to start building experience.

“The earlier you can start gaining experience, the better,” Brown said. “Doing internships and part-time work is great experience.”

The full list of attending employers is available at the Marshall Career Services website.

Patrick Breeden can be contacted at [email protected].