Admission to Marshall a lengthy process

Marshall University accepts applications for high school students once their senior year starts.
Marshall requires students to have a 2.0 GPA and a 19 ACT score or 3.0 GPA and a 16 ACT score, or the SAT equivalent.
Students also must send in a $30 application fee, an official, final high school transcript, ACT or SAT scores directly from the testing agency and a valid immunization record.
Tammy Johnson, executive director of admissions, said if a student meets all the admission requirements, he or she is admitted when the application file is reviewed by admission staff.
Johnson said international students go through the same process.
“All students must meet all admission requirements,” Johnson said. “But the review of credentials and language proficiency for international students does take additional time.”
Johnson said a combination of good test scores, GPAs and challenging high school courses really make applications stand out.
According to Johnson, applying for undergraduate school and graduate school differ in a few ways.
“Undergraduate applicants are admitted to Marshall if they meet general admission requirements,” Johnson said. “Graduate applicants apply to specific programs and are admitted at the programs discretion.”
Johnson said there was a recent increase in applications and enrollment deposits.
Sara Ryan can be contacted at [email protected].