New med school scholarships to support students from Kentucky

New Marshall School of Medicine scholarship to support students from Kentucky

First-Year medical students are now able to receive the Dr. Bobby L. and Eric K. Hardin Miller Scholar- ship, preferring incoming medical students from Boyd or Greenup counties in Kentucky. The scholar- ship will be renewable for three additional years, pending normal academic progress.

Kentucky natives Bobby L. and Eric K. Hardin Miller established this scholarship because they, “… want students from backgrounds similar to ours to have the opportunity to benefit the way I have as a son or daughter of the school of medicine.” stated Miller.

Bobby L. Miller, M.D., graduated from Marshall’s School of Medi- cine in 1997. He also completed his

medicine-pediatrics residency at Marshall’s medical school, then proceeded to complete a neonatol- ogy fellowship at Baylor University in Houston, Texas. He is currently a neonatologist with Marshall Health and has also served as Vice Dean of Medical Education at Marshall’s School of Medicine since 2013.

Eric K. Hardin Miller earned his Bachelor of Science from Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio, and a Master of Arts in Counseling from Morehead State University in Morehead, Kentucky. He also worked with Marshall’s ac- celerated B.S./M.D. program in its early years as well as with standard- ized patients in Marshall’s clinical skills lab.

Both have graciously hosted the annual Marshall Medical School fun- draiser, Standing Out In Our Field, for the last six years and will continue to in 2021 due to the pandemic.

Isabella Robinson can be contacted at robinson436@marshall.