CAB’s “Build a Button” event continues today

Ryan Fischer

Students creat buttons at CAB’s “Build a Button” event.

The Marshall University Campus Activities Board had a “Build a Button” event Tuesday and the series will conclude today.

The board will have a table set up in the Memorial Student Center from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students, faculty and staff can visit during that time to build a custom button.

The button builders choose the background, font, font color and text. The button is then built at the table and takes about 20 minutes.

The builders can make as many buttons as they want for free.

This is the first “Build a Button” event CAB has held and students responded happily to it.

Marshall senior, Ashley McNeil said that she is glad CAB is having the event. “Its nice that CAB is having this event. It makes me feel appreciated and proud to be a Marshall student,” McNeil said.

McNeil said she learned about the event when one of her Alpha Chi Omega sisters posted a picture of her button. “Within 15 minutes of the picture being posted on GroupMe, all of my sisters were lined up at the table,” McNeil said.

McNeil said she regularly attends CAB events and said they are always great for stressed out students. Last year, McNeil said she participated in a karaoke event and won a prize.

Marshall sophomores and CAB members, Raul Moreno and Octavia Wilson said they are glad to be a part of this event and the board.

Wilson said she joined CAB last year to meet new people and get to know the student organizations. Moreno is new to the board and said he joined because he wanted to get more involved in campus activities.

The next event the board will hold will take place on Thursday, when comedian, Jessica Kirson will perform at the MSC at 5p.m.

The show is free and pizza, refreshments and prizes will be provided.

More information on CAB activities and events can be found on their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MarshallCAB, as well as their Instagram and Twitter pages.

Sage Shavers can be contacted at [email protected]