Upcoming expo for pharmacy students

Many hospitals and pharmacies will be in attendance at the expo to offer interviews and job opportunities to students who register.

The Marshall University School of Pharmacy will have its first Pharmacy Career Expo Friday.

Debby Stoler, assistant director of development and outreach at Career Services, said the primary goal of the expo is to give pharmacy students a chance to look for internships and potential future careers in their field. 

The organizations will conduct interviews with students throughout the afternoon about potential job opportunities.

Stoler emphasized that students must register through JobTrax between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. if they wish to be interviewed. No walk-ins will be accepted.

The attending organizations include Saint Mary’s, King’s Daughter’s Medical Center, Fruth’s, CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens and Wal-Mart.

Stoler said because the School of Pharmacy is relatively new, there was no need for a large career expo before now.

Stoler said the goal of the expo is to give students a chance to meet with recruiters, market their skills and speak with potential employers to give them a head start in their job searches.

“Even if a student does not find a job at the expo, they will at least have a chance to develop and refine their interview skill and gain experience with job hunting,” Stoler said.

Even if a student does not find a job at the expo, they will at least have a chance to develop and refine their interview skill and gain experience with job hunting

— Debby Stoler

Recruiters will also be treated to a lunch with Dean of the School of Pharmacy, Dr. Kevin Yingling.

Stoler said the expo is expected to have a large turnout and plans are in place to make the expo an annual event.

The expo is open to pharmacy students only and will be in the Memorial Student Center basement in room BE5.

Pharmacy students will be able to browse among different organizations from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Matthew Eplion can be contacted at [email protected].