Board of Governor’s Search for President

Student Body President, Duncan Waugaman, along with the Board of Governors, continue the search for a university president.

The Board of Governors held a meeting in the Memorial Student Center, Shawkey Room Wednesday, September 26 to discuss a wide variety of activities, plans and issues at the university.

One of the main topics of discussion was the search for the next Marshall University president.

“There is so very much going on at Marshall and our administrators did an exceptional job summarizing all the activities, plans and issues that they’re dealing with.”

— Carla Lapelle

As the search for a president continues, Waugaman, as well as the Board of Governors, plan to narrow the selection to six candidates. After selecting those six candidates, off-site interviews will be held to narrow the search down to one to three candidates. These candidates will be brought to campus and a decision will be made.

Waugaman expressed his thoughts on the presidential search.

“When it comes to the presidential search, Mr. White has done a great job but we are all excited to start interviews and get someone in a permanent role to further the success of Marshall University.” Waugaman said.

Another topic of discussion during this meeting was enrollment. The overall enrollment is up by 86 students. This number could fluctuate due to students adding and dropping classes but a definite record will be posted in mid-late October.

Carla Lapelle, Associate Dean of Student Affairs, sat in the audience for the duration of the general meeting. She thoroughly enjoyed listening to the president’s speech as well as the plans Marshall has for the future. She was also impressed with the plans and advancement that are in store for the university.

“There is so very much going on at Marshall and our administrators did an exceptional job summarizing all the activities, plans and issues that they’re dealing with.” Lapelle said.

The Board of Governors is striving to succeed in selecting the best presidential candidate for Marshall University.

Cadi can be reached at [email protected]