The image depicts the new cyber security building, which is set to open in 2026.
Cyber Security Institute to Advance University
Baylee Parsons, News Editor • June 6, 2024
This years Community Cares Week was the third of its tradition on Marshalls campus.
Community Cares Reaches Campus and Beyond
Eng will start the position in July.
Ben Eng Chosen as Interim Dean for School of Business
Sarah Davis, Managing Editor • June 6, 2024
Check won the javelin throw with a distance of 36.26 meters.
Track and Field Trounce James Madison Invitational
Wade Sullivan, Student Reporter • April 20, 2024
Marshalls logo stands just outside the oldest building on campus, Old Main, which students can encounter during their campus tours at orientation.
Marshall Prepares for New Student Orientation
Evan Green, Executive Editor • June 6, 2024

Marshall Greek Life Plans for Change

The newly elected Panhellenic Council president described reducing negative stigmas and creating an organized sorority environment as goals for the council.

“It’s more than just buying friends,” said Ellie Belcher, incoming Panhellenic Executive Board president. 

The Panhellenic Executive Board serves as the governing body over the Panhellenic Council, which encompasses Marshall’s sororities, Belcher said. The executive board comprises members of each sorority, with currently two members from each chapter serving on the board. 

Belcher said she is in charge of event planning, community outreach and assisting individual sororities when needed. She previously served on the Panhellenic Executive Board as the vice president of philanthropy. 

“I have been on the PHC board before, so I know how it works,” she said. 

Belcher plans to work towards building a positive reputation around Greek Life through campus involvement..

“I want to be more active in other events than just Homecoming,” she said. 

For example, Belcher said she aims to have sorority members become involved in club drives and support different club events.

Likewise, Belcher said she wants to continue community involvement through philanthropic events. For example, she said she plans to improve areas of Huntington like the Humane Society. 

Beyond campus and community involvement, Belcher said that she wants to improve communication across the Panhellenic board and different sororities.

Lack of planning, however, is an issue Belcher has witnessed in the past, and it is something she hopes to eliminate throughout her time on the executive board.

Tally Mamula, freshman and Panhellenic vice president of public relations said she plans to work towards an exciting spring recruitment while taking full advantage of  her Greek Life experience.

“Spring is a fun time to be a part of Greek Life,” Mamula said. “I want spring recruitment to be more impactful than it has been before.”

The Panhellenic Council had their first meeting on Jan. 8, and they are currently working towards promotion for spring recruitment, Mamula said.