LCOB celebrates 47 years

Son Nguyen

Cake is served at the Lewis College of Business celebration Wednesday.

The Lewis College of Business celebrated its 47th birthday on the Memorial Student Center plaza in style Wednesday.

COB faculty organized a birthday bash for students to stop by between classes. The bash had everything needed to celebrate a birthday: three sheet cakes, soda, a photo booth, inflatable games, prizes, and a DJ.

Graduate assistant Alekhya Suryadevara worked the event and said she was most excited about the music.

“We have a DJ and that is the most important thing,” Suryadevara said.

Junior accounting major Andrew Gibb said he was excited to see what the celebration was about because he’d never attended the birthday bash before.

“I think its important to have the events to bring student outside the classroom and continue to celebrate the success the College of Business has had,” Gibb said. “This event also brings together the COB and the rest of the university by having the event out at the plaza.”

Marketing professor Dr. Liz Alexander organized the event for more than five years. Alexander said Marquee Cinemas at Pullman Square provided popcorn and other businesses in the area donated gift certificates for prizes. Alexander said the most important part of the bash wasn’t just the prizes or cake.

“It’s seeing all the students come and enjoy, especially the seniors,” Alexander said.

Cheyenne DeBolt can be contacted at [email protected].