Take Back The Night Rally poster party

The Take Back The Night event against sexual and domestic violence kicks off Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Memorial Student Center.

Local band, The Disappearing Man, will open the event. Members of both the Huntington and Marshall community will share their stories and experiences related to sexual and domestic violence.

After the readings, attendees will grab a sign, start chants and join the Take Back The Night rally across campus.

The rally will wrap up back at the MSC with a candlelight vigil, where more people will get the opportunity to share their stories.

Community members of all kinds will be given the chance to speak their piece. Freshman Claire Wallace said she thinks it’s great that everyone can connect.

“Everyone has different experiences,” Wallace said. “It’s all about an open-dialogue.”

The event will be accompanied by a poster-making party, a consent workshop and a series of tables up at the Memorial Student Center lobby Wednesday.

Branches Domestic Violence Shelter, CONTACT Rape Crisis Center, Marshall University’s Counseling Center, the university’s psychology department, Student Health, the Women’s Center, women’s studies department, and the Women’s Studies Student Association will be set up between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to offer any information students may need.