Chanel West Coast replaces Tink for FEST:2

Marshall University Student Activities and Campus Activities Board announced that Mosely Music Recording artist, Tink, will be replaced by Young Money Recording artist, Chanel West Coast for the upcoming FEST:2.

Chanel West Coast is scheduled to perform along with national acts 3OH!3, We the Kings, Ryan Cabrera and Huey Mack. Local acts include DJ Veil, Time and Distance, Ona, Letters, The Company Stores and A Story Told.

Chanel West Coast replaced Tink after the Mosely Music Artist had to cancel due to touring conflicts.

“Unfortunately, these things do happen in the entertainment industry,” said Lee Tabor, Coordinator of Student Activities. “We were faced with a challenge and had to make swift decisions to find a replacement in the lineup in time for the festival.”

Chanel recently released a mixtape titled “Wave” on Aug. 25 and was also featured on the compilation album “Young Money: Rise of an Empire”, which charted at number 7 on the Billboard 200 chart.

“I wasn’t sure who Tink was but now that she has been replaced with Chanel West Coast I am super pumped.”

— Jena Young

West Coast who is best known for her roles on MTV’s “Ridiculousness and “Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory,” released her debut mixtape “Now You Know” via Young Money Entertainment on July 9, 2013. She supported Texas hip-hop artist, RiFF RAFF, on his “JODYHiGHROLLER.COM TOUR” earlier this year.

Junior photography major, Kelsie Tyson, said she was pleased with the change.

“I think Chanel West Coast will bring more people to FEST:2,” Tyson said. “She isn’t well known for her rapping, but people love her on Ridiculousness and I think she is going to have an awesome set to showcase her talent.”

Jena Young, 21 of Huntington said she is very excited for FEST:2.

“I wasn’t sure who Tink was but now that she has been replaced with Chanel West Coast I am super pumped,” Young said. “My friends and I use to watch her on MTV all the time so I can’t wait to see her perform in Huntington.”

Alexander Bailey, 19 of Huntington said he can’t wait to watch Chanel West Coast perform.

“Once I found out she was coming, I looked up some of her tracks on YouTube,” Bailey said. “She’s actually a pretty decent rapper and she’s hilarious on TV.”

Tickets for FEST:2 are on sale now and can be purchased from the CAB office in the Memorial Student Center and from CAB on the Plaza, which is held every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

FEST:2 will be held at Harris Riverfront Park in Downtown Huntington Friday, Sept 18.

Desmond Groves can be contacted at [email protected]