No. 13 Marshall men’s soccer racks up All-C-USA Selection Awards

Richard Crank

Men’s Soccer beats Kentucky, 1-0 on Nov. 3, 2019.

Conference USA announced All-C-USA selections Tuesday, and No. 13 Marshall University men’s soccer continues to receive recognition as the team racked up several honors.

Herd Head Coach Chris Grassie was named Conference USA Coach of the Year.

Redshirt freshman forward Milo Yosef earned First team All-Conference, All-Freshman Team, Offensive MVP and Freshman of the Year.

Redshirt senior goalkeeper Paulo Pita received the Co-Golden Glove Award and Second Team All-Conference. Earlier this week, Pita was named C-USA Defensive Player of the Week for the third time this season. He recorded six saves in the C-USA Regular Season Championship. This then secured the Herd’s No. 1 seed in the conference tournament.

Senior defender Illal Osmanu was awarded First Team All-Conference.

Junior midfielder Pedro Dolabella earned Second Team All-Conference. Earlier this week, Dolabella was named to C-USA All-Academic Team with a 3.86 GPA.

Senior defender Carlos Diaz-Salcedo earned C-USA All-Academic Team earlier this week with a 3.82 GPA.

Junior forward Jamil Roberts received Second Team All-Conference. Earlier this week, Roberts earned C-USA Offensive Player of the Week for the first time this season after scoring the two lone goals against FIU to secure the Herd’s huge win, 2-1.

Sophomore defender Jan-Erik Leinhos was awarded Third Team All-Conference.

Freshman midfielder Max Schneider was named to the All-Freshman Team.

Being ranked the highest in program history, the Herd is one of four Conference USA teams that are in the Top 25 in the NCAA/United Coaches’ Poll. The University of Kentucky Wildcats come in at No. 15, University of North Carolina-Charlotte 49ers are No. 17 and the Florida International University Panthers are ranked No. 23.

The Herd will make a trip to Norfolk, Virginia for the 2019 Conference USA Tournament as the No. 1 seed. The team has a first-round bye and will face the winner of the Kentucky and Florida Atlantic University match. Marshall will face that winner in the semifinals, set for 4:30 p.m. Friday.

Taylor Huddleston can be contacted at [email protected].