Bone, Dody join voice and euphonium

The Marshall University School of Music and Theatre welcomed guest artists Teresa Dody, Lloyd Bone and John Mark Walkup Thursday for “Eclectic Passions: Songs of Life and Love,” an euphonium and vocal recital.

Bone, assistant professor of music at Glenville State College, said he was grateful for the opportunity to perform at the recital.

“Glenville State is a size school that it’s so different from like Marshall,” Bone said. “At a lot of the smaller schools, you really wear a lot of hats, and it’s not to say the faculty here aren’t busy in their own means, it’s just a different type of busy. In larger institutions, you get to go out and perform and smaller schools don’t.”

Dody, assistant professor of music at Glenville State College, said because they are busy, they do not get the chance to perform.

“We are really glad to take the opportunity to perform,” Dody said. “Because we are so busy as professors, that this is what you study, this is what you do for years and years and years and then life happens and you don’t get that chance.”

Dody said she wrote some of the pieces performed in the recital due to the lack of euphonium and voice music.

The duo performed songs together and they each performed solos.

John Mark Walkup, professor of music at New River Community and Technical College, accompanied Bone and Dody.

A Q & A was scheduled following the concert.

Mikaela Keener can be contacted at [email protected].