WAUGAMAN WINS

Waugaman, Rogner elected president and vice president

Duncan+Waugaman%2C+reelected+student+body++president%2C+speaks+to+media+after+results+are+announced+Wednesday.+

Andrea Steele

Duncan Waugaman, reelected student body president, speaks to media after results are announced Wednesday.

Marshall University elected Duncan Waugaman as student body president for a second term with his new vice president, Izzy Rogner.

The total number of votes was 1,733, a considerable increase in turnout from 2013’s election in which 1,339 students voted.

The Waugaman, Rogner team received 945 of those votes.

David Oye and running mate Luke Cooley came in second with 513 votes, and Alex Parlock and running mate Haley Breeden came in third with 245 votes.

“It feels really good to know that we received so many votes,” Waugaman said. “I think they voted for Izzy and I and what we are going to be able to do next year, and that’s what I really appreciate.”

Waugaman and Rogner plan on starting with their idea of the transportation platform that will run 24 hours to Pullman Plaza and back to campus.

The team said it wants the students to arrive to and from their destination safe, and it feels the transportation system will help achieve this goal.

Waugaman and Rogner want students to have the opportunity to ride the bus using their Marshall ID.

“I think I will be able to give Duncan a woman’s perception on the transportation idea,” Rogner, said. “I am really excited about this idea, and I think it will be a success.”

Rogner will replace Lila Mangus, current vice president after the inauguration April 26 in the Memorial Student Center.

Skyler Hunt can be contacted at [email protected].