Alpha Kappa Psi presents raffle for Valentine’s Day

Mackenzie Lloyd, president of Alpha Kappa Psi at Marshall University, poses with the $90 raffle basket at the Memorial Student Center.

Erika Johnk

Marshall University’s Alpha Kappa Psi is having a Valentine’s Day raffle basket that includes $90 of merchandise.

The basket consists of two movie tickets, dinner for two at Rooster’s, ice cream for two at Cold Stone Creamery, a 40-inch plush teddy bear and Russell Stover chocolates.

There will be a display table set up at the entrance of the Memorial Student Center where tickets can be purchased.

One raffle ticket is $2 and five tickets are $8. Tickets can be purchased until Thursday.

Alpha Kappa Psi is the largest and oldest business fraternity in the world and is recognized as a premiere developer of principled business leaders.

Mackenzie Lloyd, Alpha Kappa Psi president, said the fraternity is having this raffle to make the cost less expensive for students who want to attend the Principle Business Leadership Institute.

“It is an opportunity for the members to go and learn about professional refinement and network with other chapters,” Lloyd said. “It’s a special opportunity to raise money for us to go. Last year we doubled in size and we want to make this opportunity available for as many as possible.”

Alpha Kappa Psi is open to all majors at Marshall.

The fraternity recruits twice a year, once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester.

Lloyd said at the beginning of each semester it has recruitment events where people can decide if they would like to join.

“Our goal as an organization is to help members develop personal and professional refinement that will assist them throughout their careers,” Lloyd said.

Morgan Henderson, director of fundraising for Alpha Kappa Psi said this basket would make a great Valentine’s Day present.

“This year we did the shopping for you by supplying $90 worth of entertainment for your Valentine’s Day adventures,” Henderson said.

The basket winner will be announced on the Marshall AKPsi Facebook page Thursday.

Erika Johnk can be contacted at [email protected].