Job-A-Palooza

The annual Job-A-Palooza will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.  March 10-11 in the Student Center. 

The event will give students past and present a chance to observe a number of job opportunities and career paths. 

This year, the Job-A-Palooza is adding internship opportunities to the event, where students can apply or find out more information.

Jennifer Brown, the director of the Job-A-Palooza, said everyone is welcome to explore the job opportunities. 

“The Job-A-Palooza is now allowing students to get an internship for those who need a job but are still in school or for those who don’t have a plan on what career they want to pursue,” Brown said. “We are inviting all students and faculties members of Marshall University to attend this event.”

Jessica Wright, a Marshall student, said she has previously attended the Job-A-Palooza and it has been beneficial to her and can be for other students, too. 

“Last year I attended the event and I now work at a job that I had seen there so I think this is a very good opportunity for students to jump at because it could be their future,” Jessica Wright said. “They usually have some pretty good jobs to offer at the event and now that they offer internships, I think that’s even better.”

Marshall student Joan Spencer reflected on leaving college and having to find a job and said the Job-A-Palooza is a great idea. 

“I love the fact that Marshall University is holding the (Job-A-Palooza) event,” Spencer said. “I remember when I was a kid graduating from college, I thought I was going to go right into my job that I went to school for, but I didn’t. I had to go find a job.”

Taevion Kinsey can be contacted at [email protected].