Fifth Third Bank to offer tax preparation assistance Feb. 5

Participants will be able to meet one-on-one with experts from the Fifth Third Bank, communicate with representatives from Consume Credit Counseling, search for online jobs and obtain a free credit report.

The Financial Stability Partnership of the River Cities’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is assisting students with tax preparations on campus starting Feb. 5.

The Financial Stability Partnership of the River Cities is an initiative of United Way of the River Cities.

They are assisting individuals within the Tri-State community with their 2015 tax preparations along with providing free credit report checks.

Zack Reedy, junior natural resources and recreation management major said he is taking advantage of the opportunity.

I am thrilled to be able to take advantage of this great opportunity that will be taking place on our campus to obtain a free credit report as well as speak with accredited representatives about searching for a summer job

— Zack Reedy

“I am thrilled to be able to take advantage of this great opportunity that will be taking place on our campus to obtain a free credit report as well as speak with accredited representatives about searching for a summer job,” Reedy said.

People may be eligible for free tax preparation if their overall income is below $60,000 and also may be entitled for an earned income tax credit up to $6,143.

In order to participate a photo I.D., a social security card with your name present, your spouse and all dependents, all W2’s, 1099 forms and any other tax information are required.

“I’m glad that our campus allows a countless amount of opportunities for preparing students for the real world when we have to face it, Reedy said. “Marshall University has a lot of events on campus that will benefit us for the future, VITA will definitely assist me for my future along with other students,” Reedy said.

VITA will be take place in Corbly Hall at Marshall University 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Erika Johnk can be contacted at [email protected].