School of Pharmacy hosts spring Review Day

The Marshall University School of Pharmacy will host spring Preview Day Saturday from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Coon Education Building.

Check-in begins at 11:30 a.m.

Preview Day is designed for high school, college and non-traditional students considering a career in pharmacy.

All who attend will have the opportunity to learn about career opportunities available in the pharmacy profession. Attendees will be provided a student-led tour of Marshall’s simulation and classroom facilities, learn about the admissions process and get suggestions on preparing a comprehensive application.

The sessions will include information on what each interested individual will need to know in order to earn the best score possible on the Pharmacy College Admission Test. Information will be given on the appropriate time to take the PCAT, as well as a breakdown of the test.

Marshall faculty and staff will share their personal information and ideas on career options and residency options in the pharmacy profession. Attendees will also meet pharmacy faculty and experience the unique flipped classroom and compounding laboratory. Faculty and students will also answer questions about the pharmacy school admission process during one session.

Preview Day also allows students to visit the Pharmacy Fair where they can interact and meet with individuals from different departments such as financial aid, new joint programs, experimental learning opportunities, various student organizations, pharmaceutical research and more.

Light refreshments will be served. Due to limited space, students attending are limited to two guests each.

Logan Parkulo can be contacted at [email protected].