Lyle Lovett, John Hiatt set to play Keith-Albee

(Left) Lyle Lovett, (Right) John Hiatt set to play the Keith Albee together Monday evening.

Buffy Six, Reporter

The Marshall Artists Series will present “An Acoustic Evening with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt” at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Keith-Albee Theater.

Lovett has been singing, acting and performing since the 1980s. Lovett can be recognized as a voice alongside Randy Newman for the song “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” on the “Toy Story” movie soundtrack. Lovett is the owner of several Grammy awards, such as Best Country Album (1994) and for Best Country Male Vocal (1989). Although he is labeled as a country musician, Lovett also incorporates elements of folk, swing, gospel and jazz into his compositions.

Hiatt’s musical composition consists of more elements of rock and new wave with blues and country. In the late 1960s to early 1970s, Hiatt worked on building his career in music. The singer-songwriter won a Nashville Music Award for Songwriter/Artist of the Year in 2000.

The duo has a history of performing together, although their current tour has a different twist. The set will be nothing more than the two gentlemen and their guitars, creating an intimate performing space.

Students can purchase tickets at the Marshall Artists Series Box Office located in the Joan C. Edwards Playhouse. Tickets will have a $10 service fee for students.

Buffy Six can be contacted at [email protected].