Post-modern vaudeville comes to Joan C. Edwards Playhouse

Cece Rosata, Reporter

Dakaboom, a post-modern vaudeville show, is a two-man musical act that will take the stage Thursday at the Joan C. Edwards Playhouse.

Ben McLain, a member of SONOS featured on NBC’s “The Sing Off,” and Paul Peglar, the original piano player on FOX’s “Glee,” are the inventors behind the vaudeville show.

McLain also made appear-ances on “General Hospital” and played with electronic vocal band ARORA. Peglar works with Internet stars, and served as the musical direc-tor at The American School in Switzerland. Sarah Dyke, Campus

Activities Board adviser at Marshall University, said the show is hysterical and will not disappoint.

“Students will not regret at-tending this event,” Dyke said. “These two guys are hilarious and push the boundaries of comedy.”

There are various genres of music in the show, including musical theater, hip-hop, opera, a cappella, electronica and pop. Last year, Dakaboom released its first studio album, “Get Awe-some,” and began a college tour that has expanded to more than 100 performances this year. The team has performed at the Los Angeles A Capella Festival at University of Southern Cali-fornia, Chicago’s A CapellaFest,

Mile High Vocal Jam in Colo-rado and at AIDS-benefit events across California, according to the Dakaboom website.

Lee Tabor, coordinator for student activities, said he thinks students should plan on attending the distinctive show.

“It is a very different and unique, lively show that I feel very much students would en-joy,” Tabor said. “They should come see it.”

Tickets are free with a stu-dent ID. Also, 50 students will be entered in a drawing to re-ceive tickets to the opening night of “The Hunger Games:

Mockingjay, Part 1.”

Cece Rosata can be con-tacted at rosata@marshall. edu.