Take the shuttle home for Thanksgiving

Kelly Pate, Reporter

BreakShuttle is serving Marshall University by offering students a bus ride home for Thanksgiving break Nov. 21-Nov. 30.

Students can purchase one-way tickets online to and from five different locations, including Morgantown, West Virginia; Hagerstown, Maryland; Silver Spring, Maryland; Parkersburg, West Virginia and Washington, Pennsylvania.

All tickets are for one-way travel. Round trip travel requires purchasing two different tickets, which range in price from $25- $99 in the standard pricing range that lasts until Nov. 6. Last minute tickets may be purchased Nov. 7-Nov. 21 at a higher rate.

BreakShuttle is the largest provider of collegiate academic break transit services in the United States, according to the company’s website.

“In addition to being the provider of choice for students, BreakShuttle is also the provider of choice for colleges and universities,” the website says. “By offering direct service from campus, BreakShuttle can help college and universities more easily attract and retain students who live far away.”

Transportation will pick up students at the Fifth Avenue side of the Memorial Student Center at the time and date listed when the ticket was purchased.

Customers may access the BreakShuttle Facebook page to stay updated on any additions of cities or other significant updates. The Facebook page also explains why shuttle service was created.

“We started Campus Connector as students because we were tired of having to catch cabs to seedy bus terminals where we would have to wait to get on a dirty, unsafe bus,” the page says. “Many students would have to make multiple changes before reaching home. Not anymore.”

Buses have handicap accommodations if the customer contacts BreakShuttle before or at the time of ticket purchase. Tickets are non-refundable.

Kelly Pate can be contacted at [email protected].