Student Resource Center to present numerous events this semester

The Student Resource Center, located upstairs in the Memorial Student Center, schedules events and programs for students to foster their success in college.

Student Resource Specialist and Special Events Coordinator Samantha Stalnaker said the SRC is stepping up their advertising for its Wednesday workshops.

“This semester, the Tuesday before each workshop, we are going to have a table downstairs and will be handing out reminders and extra info in order to increase attendance,” Stalnaker said.

The SRC is also setting up advertising tables to help students figure out who their advisor is. This is geared toward freshman who need to become friendly with their advisor.

This semester, the Tuesday before each workshop, we are going to have a table downstairs and will be handing out reminders and extra info in order to increase attendance.

— Student Resource Specialist and Special Events Coordinator Samantha Stalnaker

It will also have a time management workshop Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. in the John Deaver Drinko Library Atrium and then at 3:30 p.m. at the SRC.

The following week it will have a Spring into A Major workshop Feb. 11 at 1 p.m. in the SRC and they are having an Avoiding the Midterm Meltdown Feb. 18 at 1:30.

The SRC will end the month with a Making Your Mark On Campus workshop at 1 p.m. at the SRC.

In March, the SRC will do a tw oday Safe Spring Break Event Mar. 11 and 12.

The SRC is partnering with the Tutoring Center Apr. 1 for the “It’s Too Late For Tutoring… APRIL FOOLS event,” Stalnaker said.

The SRC will end the semester with Stress Relief Week at the end of April.

Jessica Burford can be contacted at [email protected].