FEST:3 lineup revealed

image2
Christian Davis | The Parthenon
The Campus Activity Board revealed the FEST:3 lineup around noon Wednesday at the Memorial Student Center plaza.

Marshall University’s Campus Activities Board released the FEST:3 lineup at noon on the Memorial Student Center plaza Wednesday.

The FEST:3 lineup includes Basic, Of the Dell, Jana Kramer, $lump Gang, Justine Skye, A Story Told and Cash Cash.

Senior Anthony Bady, a business management student at Marshall University and self-described “hype man” of the organization, said the community can expect FEST:3 to be a great successor to previous years.

“It’s going to be a really cool experience,” Bady said. “Normally we have it off campus, but this year we’re going to bring it back home. A lot of students were hype about certain artists that they wanted to see.”

Students took to social media to express their opinions about the lineup.

“Cash Cash is amazing!” said Olivia Boso, art education major. “I saw them at Electric Forest 2014, didn’t know who they were and ended up being one of my favorites.”

FEST:3 will take place at the Joan C. Edwards stadium, with field access tickets going on sale Sept. 1, and general admissions and premium seating going on sale Sept. 3.

Aside from the lineup, CAB members also invited students to be a part of other activities they have planned for the fall semester.

“CAB is a good way to network with other students,” said Taby Lanman, CEO of CAB and senior business and economics major at Marshall University. “Whenever you don’t have a place at Marshall, you can find it in our organization.”

Lanman said meeting new people has been the most enjoyable part of being in the organization.

“When I came to Marshall I knew like two people, but now I can walk through campus and know every single person that passes me because of CAB,” Lanman said.

Events CAB has planned for the fall semester consist of Throwback Thursdays, Free Concert Fridays and various comedian acts.

CAB is showing Finding Nemo from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday on Harless Commons Field for Throwback Thursday. The event is free for students.

Christian Davis can be contacted at [email protected].