Lip Sync Battle cancelled, rescheduled for Fall semester

Marshall University’s Campus Activities Board canceled its first Wednesday contest “CAB presents: Lip Sync Battle.”

CAB’s staff members planned to host the contest Wednesday night in the Marco Room of the Memorial Student Center but decided to cancel the event Tuesday morning.

CAB advisor Sarah Dyke said “CAB presents: Lip Sync Battle” will be rescheduled for next fall semester.

“We only had about seven teams signed up to do it, which just isn’t enough to put on the show,” Dyke said. “We had a lot of people that were pumped about it, but things like this take student interaction from the beginning. It can’t just be the day before. So we really hope that it will take off in the fall and be an annual event for CAB, now that people see that we can’t do it unless we have a lot of involvement.”

Marshall student and CAB member Anthony Bady, who was chosen to be the host of the contest, said he prepared an opening skit for the contest, but won’t reveal it so he can use it next fall.

“Even though it won’t happen this semester, I am still excited to try doing it next semester to start the school year off right,” Bady said.

CAB director of public relations Baily Turner said CAB will promote the event more on social media at the beginning of next semester.

“We will just have more time more time to prepare for the event and try to get more student involve with it,” Turner said.   

Son Nguyen can be contacted at [email protected].