Taylor Tomlinson continues “Women of Comedy” series Thursday

Female comedian Taylor Tomlinson will perform on Marshall University’s campus Thursday as part of the Campus Activities Board’s “Women of Comedy” series.

On her personal website, Tomlinson said she started doing standup comedy when she was 16 years old.

Tomlinson also describes herself as having a “self-deprecating charm” and “conversational wit” that helped her gain a good reputation as a stand-up comedian.

Tomlinson has previously appeared on NBC’s reality show, “Last Comic Standing” as one of the finalists in season nine. Tomlinson also co-hosted “Laughs, ”a TV show about standup comedy on Fox. 

According to CAB advisor and coordinator of student activities Lee Tabor, Tomlinson’s show will conclude the “Women of Comedy” series.

Tabor said the series has been well received by students so far and that CAB may look into reviving the series next year.

“Each of the comedians is very different, but they still kind of pulled in modern day experiences,” Tabor said.

Junior international business major Trang Dinh said she thinks it is nice Marshall hosted a series that featured female comedians. 

“I would love to come to her show,” Dinh said. “I watched a video of her doing stand up a while ago and I like her comedy style a lot.”

Tomlinson will perform from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the lower level of the Memorial Student Center, room BE5. Snacks and water will be provided by CAB staff members.

Marshall students can attend the show free of charge with their student IDs.

Son Nguyen can be contacted at [email protected].