Jessica Kirson performs as part of “Women in Comedy” series

Son Nguyen

Above: Comedian, Jessica Kirson performs as a part of “Women in Comedy” series Thursday night. Below: Students laugh as Kirson performs her comedy routine in the Memorial Student Center.

Comedian Jessica Kirson performed at Marshall University  Thursday as part of the Campus Activity Board’s “Women in Comedy” series.

Kirson performed in Marco’s Room, located at the lower level of the Memorial Student Center. The show was free to all students with Marshall IDs.

“She is a sweet girl, she is so funny and she fitted in perfectly with the ‘Women in Comedy’ series,” said Sarah Dyke, CAB advisor. “So we are really excited to have her.”

Before performing at Marshall, Kirson had appeared on several popular talk shows such as “Late Night with Jay Leno,” “The View” and “The Dr. Oz Show.” Kirson has also participated in many TV shows, including NBC’s “Last Comic Standing”

and “Celebrity Apprentice.” In 2009, Kirson received the “Best Female Comic” award by the Manhattan Association of Cabaret and Clubs.

Kirson said she started doing stand-up comedy 17 years ago in New York City. During the show, Kirson mentioned she is working on a reality TV show about her life.

Kirson’s last bit of advice to the audience was to “have fun and be silly in life.”

Senior nursing major, Kyle Rheude said he thought it was a great show and Kirson really connected with the students.

“I thought she was absolutely hilarious,” Rheude said. “I would love to watch her standup comedy again.”

CAB’s “Women In Comedy” series will continue in February 2016 with comedian, Taylor Tomlinson.

Son Nguyen can be contacted at [email protected]