CAB brings mobile gaming bus to Marshall

The Mobile Gaming Bus will come to Marshall’s campus Thursday as part of a program called “CAB Presents: Mobile Video Gaming,” hosted by the university’s Campus Activities Board.

Designed by WV Mobile Gaming LLC, the Mobile Gaming Bus is equipped with state-of-the-art gaming equipment, including six 50-inch TVs, a surround sound system and several popular video game consoles such as Microsoft’s Xbox One, Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Nintendo’s Wii U.

According to CAB’s description on its Facebook event page, up to 24 people can play at once using the Mobile Gaming Bus’ gaming system. A “game coach” from WV Mobile Gaming LLC will be present during the event to operate the bus as well as take care of the players.

Participants can choose to play many well-known console games, including “Fruit Ninja Kinect 2,” “FIFA 16,” “NBA 2K160” and the “Just Dance” series.

Freshman chemistry major Joanna Ta said she cannot wait to check out the Mobile Gaming Bus.

“I’m very excited,” Ta said. “I have been a huge fan of the Just Dance series ever since I was in high school. The first week of this semester is a little rough for me, so spending a few hours to play games in the bus seems ideal to me.”

During the event, CAB will give away an Xbox One to one lucky participant.

“CAB Presents Mobile Video Gaming” will take place Jan. 21 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the roundabout by Drinko Library and will be available for all Marshall students and employees.

Son Nguyen can cSon Nguyen can be contacted at [email protected].