Profile, ad for MU president released

The Association of Governing Boards search firm released the advertisement and profile for the position of Marshall University’s 37th president.

AGB consultants visited Marshall’s campus earlier in the semester and offered an open-forum session to better understand what the university is looking for in its next leader.

The advertisement and profile said the new president should exhibit great leadership qualities, possess creative thinking skills and uphold high integrity.

The search firm is currently accepting applications and nominations until April 10.

Ginny Painter, senior vice president for communications and marketing, said the documents are posted in scholarly magazines such as the Chronicle of Higher Education, Hispanics in Higher Education and Women in Higher Education.

“Our goal is still to have somebody on by the start of the 2015 fall semester,” Painter said. “It is an aggressive scene, but everyone is happy that it’s moving along schedule accordingly.”

Once the search firm has reviewed all the candidates, it will provide Marshall’s search committee with a suited pool of applicants.

Painter said the committee will select five to eight candidates from that pool, and then invite them for off-campus interviews.

“Out of those interviews, we should hopefully have two or three serious candidates that we will invite to campus,” Painter said. “Their names and identities will likely be revealed at this point.”

The complete profile and advertisement are available online.

Amy Napier can be contacted at [email protected].