‘Breakfast Club’ coming to Harless field

“The Breakfast Club” will be shown at Commons Field by Harless Dining Hall Thursday at 8 p.m. as part of the Throwback Thursday series by the Campus Activities Board.

“The Breakfast Club” is a comedy-drama film from the 1980s about five high school students who come together from different walks of life and it is one of the most beloved high school films of all time.

CAB advisor and coordinator of Student Activities, Lee Tabor, said Throwback Thursdays don’t only bring back some old-school memories, but it is also an opportunity for students to meet new friends and relieve some stress from school.

“We provide programming for all students that is kind of more on the fun and engaging side, breaking up some of the monotony of just going to class,” Tabor said.

Senior healthcare administration and finance major Trinh Pham from Vietnam said she watched the movie last year and one of the reasons was because she wanted to know more about American culture.

“I wish it’s not going to rain, so I can enjoy the movie with my friends and make some memories,” Pham said.

Students are advised to bring their blankets or chairs and popcorn will be served.

According to the weather forecast, Thursday will be a rainy day and, if it does rain, the movie might be rescheduled.

Some upcoming events happening with CAB are comedian Emma Willmann on Oct. 6, FEST: 3 on Oct. 7 and Pumpkin Bash on Oct. 27 and 28.

Kessyl Lim can be contacted at [email protected].