The Green Machine: Marshall’s Bus System

The Green Machine is on the move. Marshall University in partnership with the Tri-State Transportation Authority have been working on making commuting around campus and the city of Huntington easier.

The Marshall bus was an idea presented by former Student Government Association Vice President Isabelle Rogner to allow students the opportunity to enjoy all of Huntington and to give them a safe manner of transportation.

Ryan Taylor, Chief of Staff for SGA, said, “The bill passed with 891 – 150 yes to no vote. Tuition has been raised $16 dollars to assure that all students can ride the bus free of charge at their convenience, all you have to do is swipe your Marshall ID card when you board the bus.”

Rosy Martin, a sophomore at Marshall University, is going to take advantage of the Green Machine and said, “The Marshall bus is a very useful tool for students. As a Nursing student without a car or driver’s license, I am looking forward to being able to take the bus for free to the hospital for clinicals.”

The Green Machine runs six days a week, Monday ­through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to midnight, Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 a.m. and Saturday from noon to 3 a.m. The bus routes will include traveling along Fifth Avenue which includes routes to Kroger and Walmart, Third Avenue which includes The Visual Arts Center and Pullman Square, and Fourth Avenue (Hal Greer Boulevard/16th Street) which routes to Cabell Huntington Hospital/Student Health.

Live bus tracking  can be found at WWW.TTA-WV.COM.

Kyle Camacho can be contacted at [email protected].