Students start making plans for the summer

As dead week is coming to an end and finals week is approaching, many students are looking forward to summer break to take time to relax after some stressful courses. While there is an unlimited amount of things to do over summer, many students seek diverse options to unwind and relax.

Brandon Stacy said he has been very busy between school and personal hobbies and is looking forward to a break to focus on what matters to him. Stacy said he also chose to use his money for summer break rather than spring break.

“My summer plans are basically a lot of what I didn’t do over spring break,” Stacy said. “I plan on spending a lot of time with the soccer team that I coach in Wayne County. They’re a younger team, but are really good and have come a long ways. I’m very proud to be coaching them. Hopefully, we can win all of the June tournaments that are approaching.”

Stacy also said he wanted to use his time traveling to different events.

“I am going to several music festivals, one being Firefly,” Stacy said. “I don’t want to worry about school and homework, but instead I just want to focus on my soccer team, music festivals and fun.”

Many students can relate to being much stressed around this time in the semester and Katie Wallace said she can relate to the feeling as she wraps up her junior year and gets ready for summer.

“I’ve never been more ready for summer break,” Wallace said. “This has been a stressful semester and I’m just ready for it to be over already. I have so many adventures planned for this summer. For instance, I have one trip planned to Washington D.C. for a huge concert ,and while I’m there, I plan on exploring the area,w and on the drive up I plan on exploring parts of West Virginia that I have never seen before. It will definitely be one for the books.”

Josh Knight said he is planning on an adventurous summer before returning to class in the fall.

“I plan to attend Warped Tour this summer,” Knight said. “I’m really excited for that. I am also planning to attend a big writing conference in Ripley. Sponsored though Adventures at the Gorge, I am going whitewater rafting for free and you can’t beat whitewater rafting for free. Overall, I am very excited for summer. I can’t wait to just get some time to let go and have some fun.”

With the options of beach trips, bonfires, festivals, concerts, Independence Day weekend and all of the varieties of summer fun, Marshall University students have a lot of a variety of events to do over summer.

Sabrena Hirst can be contacted at [email protected].